Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Barn Doors

I've moved! Please come see me at my new site... Muraca Design!


Sliding Barn Doors
are on my mind lately.

(photo credit:  Design Loft blog)

They are like inside out pocket doors, sliding against the wall rather than in the pocket.  Which means they are for show!  And that means lots of design options.  How fun!

(photo credit: life in focus blog)

I love this simple white barn door (below), which actually has more of a traditional indoor feel than a colorfully painted barn door look.  It has a craftsman style to it, with the beadboard ceiling and simple window and door trims.  The dark hardware on the sliding door gives it just the right vintage feel.  This look could be repeated in so many homes that don't have large wood beams or other features to pull in an architectural or rustic barn door. 

(photo credit:  Frog Hill Design)


(photo credit:  Refreshed Designs blog)

These barn doors (below) belong to rocker, Ozzy Osbourne and his wife, believe it or not.  Their home was recently featured in Architectural Digest.  Read more about it here.

(photo credit:  Architectural Digest)

What a great kitchen pantry cover up. 

(photo credit:  Attic Magazine)

A nook turned into desk space.  The hardware, glass, and painted wood of this sliding barn door adds a sense of architecture to a nook that otherwise lacks interest. 

(photo credit:  Attic Magazine)

So many architectural savage pieces can be used as a sliding "barn door"...  old shutters, large windows with interesting lead glass, a vintage front door. 

In the photo below, the home owner took old fence boards and actually built the door, then painted and hung it.  See the how to here

(photo credit:  house tweaking blog)

And here's the head board... how simply charming and wonderful. 

(photo credit:  house tweaking blog)


More barn doors...

(photo credit:  frog hill designs)


(photo credit:  ddg studio)



(photo credit: la Maison fou blog)


(photo credit:  Decor it)


(photo credit:  tumblr blog)


I thought this was such an ingenious way to hide the TV.  TV are like bathing suits.  Sometime you just need a cover up. 

(photo credit:  Cote de Texas blog)

A few more looks...

(photo credit:  Country Living Magazine)

(photo credit:  Country Living Magazine)


(photo credit:  The Lettered Cottage blog)



6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are seriously gorgeous. You have given a lot of readers ideas, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey very interesting blog!

    Look into my web-site: ways to lose weight fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Idaho!
    I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
    I love the info you present here and can’t wait to
    take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how quick your
    blog loaded on my phone .. I’m
    not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good site!


    Feel free to surf to my blog; core training exercises

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just could not leave your web site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information a person provide on your guests?

    Is gonna be again often to check up on new posts

    Here is my homepage ... core muscle workout

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you
    know.
    The design and style look great though!
    Hope you get the problem resolved soon.

    Have a look at my web-site garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regular exercise, however, turn to alternative therapies to lower their blood pressure.
    The reality, of course, which guarantees us all, and particularly those with lots of fiber.
    The integrated mobile commerce initiative will combine mobile coupons
    and loyalty clubs, where a call to action,
    and an occasional student loans people message. Barbara,
    on the income you receive from your MLM business.



    Check out my blog post :: Private Student Loans for People

    ReplyDelete